Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jayden is getting hair!



Did you all miss me yesterday??? I missed you! My husband had touch up Lasik surgery on one of his eyes in the City so we were up and out of the house early, spending the whole day in the City.

I have much work yet to do on this little man's hair (and in fact got a bit more done last night than seen here in the pictures) but he is coming along nicely.




I will be rooting very fine hairs along his temple over the top of the painted hair. They will be just barely there hairs.



This baby just give me goose bumps!



In other nursery notes:

Prototype Kristaletta has arrived and is prepped, primed and ready for paint! Oh I already love her! I will be working on her paint a little bit today but most of my time will be spend on Jayden.

I have not forgotten about the mohair post I would like to make. It's on the list I keep for blog ideas, along with many other things! LOL

Cathy Rowland's Prototypes Leah and Logan should be arriving any day now from Germany. I am excited that they are made of German vinyl! Whoooo-Hoooo!

And Jessica Schenk recieved her prototypes Noah and one is on the way to my house right now! Thank goodness that Jessica has the three artists reborning that prototype stretched out to only have one auction up at a time. Mine is due the end of June, first part of July. Perfect timing!

I was supposed to be traveling to Tuscon Arizona this week but had to postpone that trip until November. November sounds like a very nice time to be in Arizona! :)

Neither Payton or Capri found mommies on eBay on Sunday night. I was pretty bummed that night but I can roll with the punches of this business. I've done it before~I'll do it again. I was reading an article in LifeLike Dolls Magazine about the amazing Jack Johnston. He's had to roll with the punches of the economy and the doll business as well and he is like the Dolly King! His determination and strength have inspired me to hang on, put a smile on my face and keep doing what I love to do.

Have a wonderful Tuesday~I know I will!

5 comments:

  1. Amen Debbie! Keep moving forward!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack Johnston, not Jack Johnson. I was like, "Pretty sure Jack Johnson doesn't make dolls. He writes songs about politics and banana pancakes."

    Hang in there - you always pull through! And this just adds to your doll count for the upcoming show. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nike! I meant to go back in and change that as I did realize I had it wrong. I'll do that now. :) Huh...Politics and banana pancakes. Too funny. Love you girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH and Nike...you are sooo right about hanging in there and having more dolls to take! "All things work for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose". This lady needs to be patient and trust as His plan is always so much better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Words can't express how detailed and gorgeous your micro rooting is. I'm learning how to do this now on my second doll. Takes quite awhile but hoping it's worth it :)

    ReplyDelete