Sunday, March 14, 2010

Progress on Carter


If you remember the starting picture of Carter, his vinyl was really, really pink. I've been working to tone it down. The picture below was a comparison picture of Aubrey (who I was toning down from her peach color) and Carter on the right. He had 3 color washes on him at this point. My goal is to pale him down and then warm him up.


Then this picture is with Aubrey all painted and Carter now with two more layers of color wash....a custom flesh wash and then a violet/blue wash.

Another shot in different lighting.

Comparing the Carter leg on the left to the finished Aubrey leg on the right.

The finished Aubrey arm on the left and the Carter arm on the right.

I was planning on moving into the warm tones on him the other day before I gave him the two additional color washes but upon evaluation, I wanted to pale him down a bit more. The next time I paint on him, I will then start to warm him up. I will start with creases and folds.




1 comment:

  1. They are looking wonderful!!! Love watching the progress!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete